About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Will It Be A Diwali For Indians?...Will India Win?

Buon giorno!

Will It Be A Diwali For Indians?...
Will India win the World Cup?...a question bothering us since we won the ‘Mother of All Matches’ against Pakistan. Saturday morning and I am back from my morning walk. Trust me...there was only topic to be discussed...will India win today?
From kids to 60 year old aunties, everyone was discussing about the match. It was a sight of felicity to admire aunties discussing  strengths and weaknesses of the Indian team other than those usual Radha Krishna Bhajans around the temple area.
World Cup Fever is at its height. I guess all the fingers are crossed and people are just getting ready for today’s match. In my mind, I think of only one thing ‘History SHOULD NOT repeat itself’. I remember – 1996 when Sri Lanka and India both landed to the finals and Sri Lanka won the cup. The very next day we had Social Sciences Board Exam but still none of us missed the match though we were left disappointed :(
I hope we create a new chapter in the history of World Cup and Dhoni gets the cup for us. Mumbai will be remembered for this World Cup, if India wins today. I agree Sri Lanka has performed better than us in this World Cup BUT still you never who wins the last final game....some games work by luck and chance also. ‘Nothing is Impossible’ and I am sure India will play well to win today. I do not want to think or know how deserving is Sri Lanka but we NEED the CUPJ
If we get the CUP it would be like Diwali for IndiansJ
Let us cheer for India!
Cheerio!