About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blank Book On Sex - A Surprise Bestseller on Amazon.com.

Hola!

If you have missed this you need to know. Nothing personal about this, I am not saying all that but would love to share this with my readers. I appreciate whatever interesting I read and this is definitely going to interest many of you. Those who know about this – ‘good for you’ and those who missed, just read it!

I am not sure this post should fall under which ‘label’ but I feel it would be good to put it under ‘From My Library’. The idea to put this under this label is just a simple thought; I want to get this for my home libraryJ
I have read about this and I am putting my efforts on this blog for my readers-
Sheridan Simove's ‘What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex’ has become a surprise bestseller on Amazon.com.
The book has hit number 744 on the Amazon list, ahead of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code (number 2,910) and JK Rowling's Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2,406).
It is also picking up as a novelty gift among amused uni students in the UK who are flocking to grab a copy of the $7.95 paperback.

A student from Nottingham University says she picked up the copy for her friend.
"I bought a copy for my mate as a joke and he started using it as a note pad for lectures. Now everyone seems to have one. It's started a real craze on campus".
The book’s 'author' says he never expected his work to become a bestseller.
"When the book was published I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would outsell Harry Potter. But Britain's students seem to think my book is magic and who am I to argue?" Simove has been quoted as saying by news reports.
An Oxford University psychology graduate, 39-year-old Simove says his next research project is a PhD on the subject of what women think apart from sex.

"I hope to publish my findings in another decade," he jokes.
From Archana to Readers –
I am not sure how people have reacted to this book but I am sure we all can connect to it. Though both men and women have a different approach to the subject of sex but the fact remains that both THINK ABOUT IT....So Simove has to publish his next findings to do complete justice to both the genders. But please do not leave it blank this time. Until then, think if you need this notepad for your library....But I am sure Deepika Padukone needs one as she keeps complaining about her ex and her desire to gift her ex – a packet of ??????...Rest the whole India
knows....Thanks to Coffee with Karan
J
CheerioJ