About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, April 27, 2012

Launch of ‘SINNOVOLLE BILDER’ - A New Label!!

Firstly, thanks to the German guy, who gave me the name for my label. I appreciate meeting himJ
My first purposeful image for this label is to convey the message around ‘Child Labour’.

STOP CHILD LABOUR - Do Not HIRE Them But EDUCATE Them! Stop Child Labour and Join Hands to Educate Each Child.
You can view the Sinnovolle Bilder (Purposeful Images) at the Picasa Link below as well.
The child in this picture stays in my society and it was very hard to get this clicked. I took three consecutive meetings to click him to avoid any doubts around the purpose. I asked him to pose for me, as I feel to take a picture of him.
My readers might think why I did not raise an alarm in my society to hire a child for work in a departmental store adjacent to the building?
My answer is ‘I DID’.
I went to the owners and explained them with a printout of ‘Child Labour Act in India’ and emphasised that it is ‘illegal’ to hire children as labour. I convinced them emotionally by describing how hiring children could affect their future in the long run. But nothing worked out. They proved that he is above the age mentioned as per the ACT and so he can work as per his wish. In simple words, I failed.
To know more about Child Labour Act in India, please click the link below:
I was very restless and was constantly thinking to voice out such instances. I closed my eyes and the only answer was to blog as this is not only one case. I might save the future of this child but what about many others. Many times, I see my friends who hire young girls under the age of 14 as baby sitters. Such cases need to be attended also. All I can do is to start a label to voice out objectionable instances. I believe – ‘a pen or a key of a keyboard is mightier than the sword’. I hope after reading this, when you hire a baby sitter or a child as labour, you will surely think once.

PS: Right side is the slide deck for purposeful images that will be updated on the blog with more images with a purpose soon. So, please cooperate!!
Haben Sie ein gutes Wochenende (Have a good weekend)J