About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, March 30, 2012

Each Step Makes Me Feel ........


Today, I miss my dad a lot. When I used to be sad, I used to lean on my dad’s shoulder and ask, ‘there are so many stars but still it is dark?’

My father used to laugh and tell me a very nice thing ‘Stars are scattered and if they come together it would be like a bright morning, Archana. They are scattered to give us the edge over light so that we can sleep and take rest. Else how will you go to school, next day? There is a reason for every act of nature to give us its best.’

I lived my life around this but there is a time when you feel that it is untrue. As there are certain things that happen not by law of nature. Nature plays no role in that.

I went to Deloitte for my PF formalities and walking out of the premises, I looked back for a second. I wanted to capture the moments for the last time as my last professional connection as a FTE would be over for this lifetime. I thought about my father again.

I got my first salary in 2002, INR 2500J

When I got it home, my father was the first one to congratulate me. He said, “Archana, the amount does not matter but the hard work behind this money matters. A person is known by his deeds not by his needs. A person is known by his work not by his name”.

Today, each step away from Deloitte made me feel nostalgic but somewhere I felt that I am not earning great indeed not even peanuts but I am known for what I am doing through my work. People might not know or remember me but they will remember my stories after reading them. I might die but my writings will live forever. My paintings in my home will make my people feel my presence, always. Thanks to all those who got inspired by my stories though I miss the inspiration in my lifeJ

But I still miss my dad and his shoulder as I feel to cry and feel lighter. I just want to ask a question from him, ‘Will there be a morning?’

This is the last post for the month of March 2012 – Women’s Month.

I thank my father for being the best man in my life. I am proud that I am your daughter.