About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, October 28, 2013

God on Facebook!

My friends tell me 'You are a strong lady' and my readers call me their inspiration. My best friends saw me crying for the first time, when they told me a pithy comment spoken about me. People are too good to wear masks and gossip behind our back. 

It hurts when someone you think as a friend just stays for reasons and conditions. I was really hurt when I heard this about me - 'You look young or beautiful as you have no child to take care. You are not a mother or work for a firm so you can waste time on workouts'.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I work and I really work hard but I was shocked to listen to all this about me. What will you do?

Maybe cry but till how long, and for how many years, and more over for what?

I started writing my 5th poem and I am sharing the link to my poem. Just imagine if God ever had a Facebook account. This is the poem all about. Let us start the Diwali season with a positive note - 

God is with us to take care of us. Do not look back in life. Cherish memories but don't live with them. Whatever happens, happens for a reason. People who hate you can never understand you. Do not live for those to whom you do not matter. At the end, you should only love yourself!


Read and enjoy this poem.

Good Night!