About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Diana Nyad - My Inspiration of last wish......

I could live my last wish and what really helped me was a quote by Diana Nyad 

“A lot of athletes have this sort of invincibility: [The jellyfish] should worry about me. I don't worry about them. I'll just swim right through them.”

I could dive till 7m and it was an achievement for me. My back and knees could not help me to go further as the weight of gadgets and fins pulled me up!

I decided to unpublished my Arthritis Blog in the month of June 2013, and the idea was to publish it again once I live to experience my last wish. 

I am publishing my blog for my readers as I could do it. But I want to be honest that my inspiration to   focus around my wish is the story of Diana Nyad. I just watched her latest TED talk video. I am sharing the link on my blog for my readers...


I workout daily but not with an idea to be thin but to be fit. Most of the Indian women around me want to be thin to look good but the story of Diana Nyad is a must watch to understand that live for your dreams. I really worked very hard for my last wish. For last three months, I strengthened my back and knees, workout helped me to gain leg muscle that increased my weight by 2 kgs as it was a mandate for diving. I always wanted to be fit not thin. Diana Nyad at the age of 64 changed the definition of many things in my life. 

Cheers!