About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Silent Love Story...

Wishing a very Happy New Year 2014 to my all readers. I really enjoyed the previous year as far my writing job is to be considered. Two books and lot of contest entries, working with FG and many new developments for 2014. 

Well, from yesterday, I am back to my workouts (heavy weights and lot of cardio). I took off my pictures as I am just focussed around my work and workouts. I am planning a better year with tougher resolutions with a strong body.

I am back to writing, and I just kicked off with a new project. My first day of the year was a good day but a call left me thinking and just thinking. I scheduled this call on the very first day of  2014 with a friend whom I got connected after 20 years, since I left North Eastern part of India.

He had all memories around me. He still has my last letter and his hand-made sketches of my parrot nose. He came to my home in Delhi looking for me to propose me ( after 5 years I left the school), and left disappointed. He still remembered my last dance in my 7th grade as he sang the song. He was punished to sit with me as he was very talkative child, and I was a book worm. From that day my grades made him study and he realised my presence when I left the school. He wrote hundreds of letters at my address, and fell in love with a girl, when she left the school. A girl who never knew that someone turned a drunkard as he could not find her. He kept searching for her on orkut or social networking sites but did not gave up. He was heart broken but professionally very successful guy. He spoke to me (the same girl) after 20 years. BUT I am happy as I spoke to a married man with a son who moved on in the right direction. He always asked for a wish every year - 'I want to meet that girl before I die'. Wish fulfilled!

Phew! I was silent over the call. All I could answer was - 'I am sorry. I never knew all that. And moreover, I am a very practical person to understand all these emotions but I respect them. I love everyone around me as friends and I have no time for many things in my life.'

After the call till I slept, I was thinking, at times we can leave a positive impact in a negative way. I felt bad as I was a reason for someone's pain for such a long time. It is a silent one-sided love story but a true love story. Someone who loved a girl with no clue and still carries all the old baggage. I felt lucky to be blessed to be loved but my life has no time. I could not understand what should have been my response but I just smiled and said - 'we are good friends and we will be friends'.

My new year message would be just a line - LIVE LIFE. DO NOT LOVE LIFE. Living gives you the freedom to speak and express. There is no fear or inhibitions in your mind as you are a free bird. But when you start loving life, you restrict your thoughts and actions. Open your heart to your love at the right time, and I am sure the answer would be 'Yes'.

I have to get back to writing.......now!

Happy New Year :)