About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Power of Words........

Words have a life. Think before you use them!

A word has the power to cause an injury, and the remedy as well. I have always believed in this fact of life - a wrong word can cause a severe injury to one's sentiments but a good word can put a smile to a face.

I wrote my sixth poem around Santa's Christmas gift for a cancer patient. It is the best and longest poem of mine. When I read my own poem, I almost cried. I forwarded the same to my family and friends. They had the same feedback. When a writer/poet can play with words to reach his or her reader's mind, you have covered half of your journey.

Words can express respect, love, gratitude, humanity and kindness.

Make sure you use a word to express good thoughts. Why to be remembered for bad words?

So think before you speak and hurt someone who loved you as a friend or family. It is not hard but impossibel to get good friends in life.

I will share my poem as a Christmas gift for my readers but it will be a part of my book as well.

Cheers!