About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, July 18, 2014

Try by Colbie Caillat - Must Watch and Read It!

Just listen to this video and read the lyrics (such a beautiful video with a thoughtful message)  by Colbie Caillat - http://www.metrolyrics.com/try-lyrics-colbie-caillat.html.

No no to make up. I simply hate it. The layers of MAC or LAKME or Loreal on my face with gloss on my lips, a blush of red to highlight my cheek bones or sun screen against the UV rays...give me a break. On a function in June 2014, I felt like a different person when I did all this for the event. It was just not me. I still prefer my spanish curls that give out of bed look and my only kajal under my eyes. I was told to get my hair straightened for a day for the event but I chose to flaunt my curls (just feel comfortable in my own skin). My mom hates me in glasses. Like many people she thinks - it is a negative foreign body to one's personality. Maybe - a man does not pass a look to a woman who wear glasses, is it really true ?????.....well still I do not care as I love my glasses <3.

Wear sun screen as you might get tan in the pool. So how does it matter. I am lucky to have two shades of skin in one life. I can be fair and dark in one life. Whoa..what else one needs. Now coming to jewellery. Hahaha...I hate this too. The only thing I like to support is my white wrist watch as I just love it. No matter we are out for a dinner or a family function - I love to always wear it. I stopped colouring my hair since 2011. A big no to liquid foundations. I have only three lip colours and a dark black kajal. I do drink lot of water to hydrate my skin. What you eat comes out on your skin. Exercise and you will not need any regenerative branded creams. Trust me at the age of 34 I apply fresh milk cream with honey to keep my glow up...up and up!

A video by Colbie Caillat made me feel so good. I could connect to it. Just Be Yourself. I never go to gym or pool to be thin. I want to be fit and strong to fight my ailments. I want good strong legs and a toned body for myself. But I always loved my fat as well - when I was 83 kgs. So just take a break. Look yourself in the mirror. You will find the answers to your questions. 

I hope 'You Will Like Yourself' after reading this post.

Happy Weekend <3