About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Phew - Good Updates !!

It has been a crazy week after a happy weekend!

Firstly - as I love children so I attended a charitable event at a school in Bengaluru. My husband and I were thinking of the same thought when the principal asked me - if I could conduct English classes for the children. This school is funded by a Christian Missionary, and they would love to have me on the board of volunteers. There was no reason to say - 'NO'. God is great!!

I am packed with lot of work. I am cooking all three meals. I am preparing for World Peace Day Marathon (doing 25 kms daily). I am also working on Author's United Welfare Wing (Btw, wait I have a good news to share around my success story of Author's United)....few days from now. Not to forget I have enrolled for a course starting 4th Sept to enhance my writing skills. Phew!! I feel to run away....:)




In the evening - I received my certificate of 'Fifth Honorable Mention'. So another reason to be happy. But recognition and passion demands time. I have been busy with submitting my work to different journals for Haiku, Tanka, Senryu and Haiga. I am glad my work is accepted for most of them, and two of my editors have given an inspiring feedback. 








You will read me in the following journals -



I am left with two journals wherein I have am yet to submit. I am yet to hear from couple of journals as I submitted my work too soon to be considered :). I have submitted my haiku for all the contests for this year. I am left with monthly contrbutions that I will pen down as I get time.

I just started a painting to add to my Kalasutra Catalogue. I am making a Ganesha using Grains. To view my Kalasutra Catalogue - please click this youtube link :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz6gSRi60Cc&feature=youtu.be