About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I Am The Creator

I wrote the below poem to share a thought with my women readers.The news and hype around rape cases have a created a phobia in a woman of every age group. Flashing headlines in red - ' Another Gang Rape blah blah' leaves me in panic for hours. Half of the battle is lost if you surrender to your fears. Read this poem and note the last two lines of my poem.

I Am The Creator 

I unlock my thoughts,
And capture the negative words,
These black and white letters,
In this daily newspaper,
I sip a harder crime,
That travels more to my mind,
I experience a lurch in my stomach,
As I board the train to my office,
Every man around me,
Reminds me of some crime,
I rub my fist in hesitation,
Hiding myself behind my fear,
I squeeze and shrug every minute.

I feel every eye is watching me,
I pull my scarf to hide me,
Not letting anyone to touch,
I finally miss my station,
I see many calls on my number,
Worries of family and endless troubles,
I get down at the next station,
And go in the right direction,
I look up in the mirror
The mirror looks at me
I ask myself, ‘who created this fear’,
Laughing at my naivety the mirror answers,
 ‘You yourself created this fear’.

~ Archana Kapoor Nagpal