About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Unthinking and Thinking

I am a hyper active person. I cannot sit idle for even a minute. I cannot relate to people who come to me complaining - I do not get time for myself, or I have kids, or I have ...blah blah....endless, clueless reasons. From my home to my studies, from my work to my workouts - I think its all about time management. I cook all three meals a day. I write for three hours a day, I spend 1 hour reading a day, I try to do 25 kms of workout to keep my body in shape to fight my pains, and I think its all about time management. Ofcourse - I dont spend time in watching movies, or kitty parties, or pot luck gossips, or religious meetups (as I think to connect to God - I want to be alone, and in deep meditation) - use time wisely. Inspired by these thoughts comes my first published poem of 2016 - Unthinking and Thinking!

A poem is shortlisted for Writer's Drawer portal. 

This is my first poem selected for this portal, indeed my first initiative for this portal. This year I plan to write non-haiku stuff as well. SO here we go with the first one...

.I wrote this poem in 1 minute 34 seconds. My shortest record so far. Unthinking and Thinking is inspired by a feeling of doing nothing on a lazy sunday. Truly believe in Dolce Niente....
smile emoticon
..Have fun reading it, and have a fantastic lazy sunday....