About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Express It!

My friend always told me a line - 'I like to talk to you'. 

All these years when we chatted - i could not express what would mean more to me is if my friend tells me - 'I like you so I talk to you'. 

When someone reads the above two lines - they almost look the same but there is a huge difference.

'I like to talk to you' refers to me as a place where someone can come and vent out. It's like a person talk to me as I am good listener. 

'I like you so I talk to you' refers to a bond that two people share as friends. All these 7 years I could never express this as I was scared of my friend. When reality unwrapped, and things became clear - it was too late for everything. Today, I realise I could not express anything. A bond of friendship just broke without my friend knowing anything or actually nothing.

Honestly, in last so many months I have been told the same line - 'you are a good listener', 'you are so easy to talk to as you give positive vibes', 'i like the way you talk', or 'I like to talk to you'. In short - it means everyone is looking for a listener, and as I am a good listener so they like to talk. Unfortunately, nobody said like I wanted to listen - 'I like you so I talk to you'.

Month of love is incomplete, if we don't express what we feel. If as a reader you are reading this post - then go and express your love, or friendship, or feelings. Sooner the better. And, specially for those who are in love - time and tide waits for none!

Express it, and just go with the flow.

Love n Hugs

:)<3