About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, February 8, 2016

Zindagi Ek Mela Hain!!

Books became my best friends since June 2015. Realities unwrapped, amidst the traces of leftovers I had nobody to talk. If I talk to my people, they would have told me - "we told you". Honestly, at times I don't want to admit I was wrong as I lived a relationship or friendship. And that's my way of loving things. Irony, you know that you are aware of everything but you still try to prove your point ;)

 My day starts with books...and ends with them. I am already finishing fourth book of 2016. I write my pieces of work, submit them - few get accepted and few get rejected. I study for my course, and time just flies. But at times I look at Amitie painting, and I say - don't know what to say. The first thing I do every morning as I step out of room - I open my arms wide and tell Goluji (Lord Ganesha painting) - we love you!

Life is a getting too busy. Yesterday - I forgot to call my mom, and I felt bad about it. To make it up - I called her twice today. I love to talk about sarees, and woman stuff with mom. I share that comfort with her :)

Every person experiences emptiness. But we have to conquer it, else who will? I get out of home to hit the gym, or I pick a good book, or I listen to music. Btw, I am reading fourth book of this year..;).

'Zindagi ek mela hain,
Is mela main har insaan akela hain'

Monday starts, and I am back to work.

So many submissions to make this week. And, as my mom tells me go easy. If you miss a deadline - submit next time. World will not stop if you don't submit but health comes first. Yes, month of love and we have to talk about being healthy. Eat well. Sleep on time (this I could do now as my husband's shift changed to early hours), spend time with yourself (this will help you to rejuvenate your mind and soul), and above all exercise. If you love yourself then you have to be in shape and within the ideal stats. I don't recommend over exercising specially once you cross 35. But exercise to be healthy, and fit.

My husband asked what gift I want for this Valentine's - a ring ( he knows my love for rings), or a dress.

I answered, 'a book that I really want to buy; a book I want to read before I sleep for the next few months.'.

Love is not about diamonds, dresses blah blah. It's about a healthy relationship and unconditional togetherness.

At the age of 35 - my way to look at life has changed. I feel contented. I do get sad at times. But then I tell myself - you have no right to be sad...lol! With time I have achieved peace within myself. And God has not given me an option to be bored as I am overloaded with work.

So there are different facets of love. Love for my family. Love for my mom. Love for my husband. Love for my friend (s).

Happy Monday!