About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Are You 30 and Still Thinking...???

I was reading ‘Shobha at Sixty’ by Shobha De. Finally, I completed this one. Liked all the chapters and it is a must read for every women. Her journey from childhood to the age of 60 is well written and every woman can relate to it. The small changes in a women’s life moving from one role to another – daughter/sister to wife and then mother is a challenge to her. Managing home and work by creating a balance between personal and professional life is not an easy task. My salute to all such women who struggle to maintain that balance. A special salute to the ones who left their careers for their homes. Trust me it is hard to do.

There is one such line in the whole book that I loved and I felt that I took the right decision
to work on session basis – Back to Work – Swimming Coach
“If you haven’t done till 30, it will never happen”
She referred this in context to our dreams or ambitions. If anyone of you are still thinking to do something say to learn kickboxing or study further then plan and work onto it. Life is short and time waits for none. Value your time and your dreams or ambitions. Rest all will fall into place.
I am really getting late for my day’s routine. So thought to take out sometime to post this.
But yes all women out there pick a copy of – Shobha at Sixty ....You will enjoy it!
Have a great day!
Love Yourself!!