About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Personal Videos - A Message For My Readers!

Ciao - 

Below are my two personal videos. These are taken last week. I describe the purpose of the video alongwith the links. Although you can read the description at my videos itself. Hey, I have recorded this with a message that too presented in a light manner.
I suffer from GERD that started after arthritis medication. I cannot eat like many of you. For me food has to be bland, less salt and big no to stodgy deserts and beverages. I have been a coffeeholic since last 8 years. 10 cups a weekJ
Xmas 2010 I decided to get rid of my addiction. I tried reducing to 5 then 2 and now finally 1 cup a week. It is an achievement for me and my doctors can validate this looking at my stomach wall conditions. Whenever I felt the craving I decided – No I Will Not Drink...I will not give up my will power. I proved ‘Never Ever Give Up’. Keep trying until you get what you aim at. This video is mainly for my doctor and my readers to know try, try and you will get it there!

View this, as for a person with arthritis, PIVD and ankle tendonitis, this is a dream come true. Its all in the mind. You can overcome physical weaknesses with a strong mind. I tried 4 months to balance myself like in the video. Post treatment since June 2010 my joints have become very stiff and weak. I am getting back to my initial flexibility. Keep trying. Please do not practice at home. The idea is to make you understand that - practice your mental strength when you fail physically or emotionally.

A note to my readers.
I have always written what I felt. Sometimes my friends who read my blog and short stories say “Archana, it is easy to teach but difficult to preach”.This comment and feedback always left me thinking – is it true? If I write and recommend something am I also following it? Am I preaching what I try to teach through my writings or blogging. I decided to prove it not for my readers but for myself. I have believed in two things – ‘Never Give Up Policy’ and ‘Mental Strength is the Real Strength’.

I have uploaded all the blog videos on my youtube channel. You can access my youtube channel at the link below: http://www.youtube.com/user/Archana108 called as 'Dolce Vita' that means - Sweet Life!

The link to my channel is also added in my blog profile and FB profile.

CheerioJ