About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Love Yourself (Tip 1): I WANT PEACE...!!!

I am planning to write around ‘What to do to love yourself’ this whole month. As I wrote in one of my post loving yourself is directly proportional to loving others. I am not a psychotherapist or a philanthropist, but there are certain things that life teaches us and we feel to share. I will post my real experiences to share how I love myself and what is the real meaning of loving yourself?

But before I share, for today let me tell a small incident.

My best friend said to me

“Archana, I am so glad God has been so kind to me. I have been doing so well professionally and my family is lovable to me. I have been travelling most of the time and this time I got so many gifts for my parents and friends. I am glad I did my studies from abroad and it is paying me good returns. After all studying from best educational institutions is worth. I am planning to change my car and did I tell you, we have moved to a new house last year. Everything is so much settled as I planned. I just love myself for being so planned and successful. I really want a break and visit a place where I can get some time away and have peace. Any ideas?’

My only answer was

“You just said you love yourself for being so well educated and planned. You appreciate your looks and you love yourself for being so awesome and successful. I thought you are peaceful if you really thought all you said have given you so many reasons to love yourself. Strange, still you need a break to search for PEACE. The word you used is peace not leisure. That means you need a vacation for peace not fun. This shows how peaceless you are irrespective of your degrees, big house and expensive car. Fact remains loving yourself is not about what you did for yourself it is about what you did for others so that they love you and you reach to a stage of peace.”

A small tip:

“I want peace”....we often ask to God...

Remove two words – “I” and “want”....

YOU WILL GET PEACE. TO LOVE YOURSELF YOU NEED TO REDEFINE THE WORD PEACE.