About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Call Centre Executive - I Enjoyed Talking To Him!

Have you ever realised that a call in a day can make you feel so happy.

Summers have approached and the rising mercury is making lives difficult in Hyderabad. It has been 35 degrees for last 3 days and it is a big ‘No’ to travel in my favourite...tuktuks....

So I am left with cabs....

The interesting part is whenever I dial the number, I am connected to the same Call Centre Executive. Out of 8 days, 5 times the same executive answered my call. The usual fact to identify him is the way he starts – Good Morning ‘ABC Cabs’. How can I help you? (He says all this in one breathe that too singing like a bird...Goooood Mornnnnnnnnnnnnning ...lol)

Today, when I called the same guy answered my call and before I could tell the timings he was

“You want to travel from Destination A to Destination B at 3 PM). Your number %%%%%% as flashed on my screen. The tariff is .....”

I interrupted him – “No, I want at 4 PM and I want to travel to Destination Changed. BTW, I know the tariffs.”

He said very politely – “I have to tell the tariffs as a part of my job.”

All I could say, ‘I appreciate your job’

Before he confirms the cab, “Anything else I can do for you”

I was so bitchy to tell “Yeah, a diet coke, a veggie burger and not to forget extra cheese”

He just could not stop laughing as he tells me,

“You made my day. But I have two things for you as of now. You have a nice voice and Thank You for such a good start of my boring day”.

I was like – ‘Good Day’.

After the call ended, I realised that it is such a boring thing to answer calls sitting at a chair and so many times customers could be rude. I faced that situation once and that day I decided we should respect every job. The customer executives who call us for insurance, promotional stuffs are just doing their jobs. We can say a ‘No’ politely. I have seen people yelling like ‘take my name out of database’...blah blah....

Come on just respect their job and say ‘No’ politely without being violent.

A call can make someone’s day a good day.....