About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A 'GOOD' Goodbye - Month of Love!

Facebook is the most interesting thing that happened to me. It taught me a lot. For many it might be a social networking when it comes to FB but for me it is like a familyJ

I met some of my old friends and some strangers who changed the directions of my thought process. My chat window is always disabled as if I appear online, I will never get time to blog or write. There are instances where I had to chat with 7 people in 7 different windows. That day, I decided better be offineJ.

But there was one thing, I love the most about FB – it adds to your learning on daily basis. Again it depends upon your attitude and desire to learn. I practice belly dancing just using videos as I want to learn it. I have met people who learn so many things without joining any class or university as they have that desire to learn and grow in life. I salute such people!

I read a very nice quote on FB that made me feel so good. It was very touching to read it and I could relate to it.

“The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained”.

I always tell my sister Sheena that the worst ending of any relationship is when people forget to say a ‘GOOD’ goodbye out of ego, shame or mental blocks. But when years pass and time flies, when they look back the very first thing that triggers the mind is – ‘I wish we could have ended it much more gracefully’ or ‘could have said a ‘goodbye’?

All those lovely people who are reading this post might be able to recall one such instance where you feel that you could have said – a GOOD goodbye. It would have saved the relationship or the person moving out of your life would remember you for good not with bitter memories. At the same time some of you might remember that he or she left without saying even a ‘goodbye’.

I know and I feel it is hard to accept losing people in life. Who knows better than me but it is much harder to lose or end a relationship without a ‘GOOD’ goodbye. You need to be strong to make the other person leave happily if you really respect relationships. You might be hurt when a relationship ends but what makes you happy is the grace with which you ended.

This is month of love, right?

Breakups will happen and you will move on and one should! But just pause and say a ‘Good’ Goodbye and I wish you luck before you move on. I am writing this with experience as I did that and I was not told any ‘Good’ goodbyes in return. But no offences meant as I did my partJ

So...what are waiting for, just scrap – Good Bye! And you will be happy!

CheerioJ