About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, February 4, 2013

World Cancer Day, 2013

I wish there was no such day. I wish there was no disease called as 'Cancer'.

Last year, I lost my friend. She was suffering with liver cancer. In the span of two months her condition deteriorated and she left all of us with some memories.

I wrote a poem dedicated to her. You can read my poem at this link - http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/you-will-be-fine/

Any medical ailment can be fought with will power and mental strength. Cancer is a scary word. I do not know what to write, as I feel miserable, when I think about 'Cancer', but I can request all my readers - to close your eyes and pray for every cancer patient and their families.

Month of love is also about loving all those who are suffering from different medical problems. I have eaten almost 50,000 mg antibiotics in last two weeks, have lost my taste buds and gained few calories.  I look pale and wan but still there is a feeling that drives me - I want to be fine and want to live. I cannot imagine how a cancer patient feels, but one thing I know is a fact - he/she definitely wants to live.

So, let us pray for all of them!