About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, April 8, 2013

Video : Dan Gilbert: The surprising science of happiness

This is a Ted Talks video, and I think my readers must see this video. I take a quick break and grab a cup of hot tea before you read this post!


I think this video is really helpful to understand the science of happiness. I remember an instance from life where my father told me the definition of being happy. 

I remember an instance from my school days. 

We had a joint family almost 7 people staying in a 2 BHK apartment. But we all were happy.  We had no coolers or air conditioners. We use to sprinkle water on the bed to sleep at night under the fan that could hardly beat the intense heat of Delhi. Not to forget the frequent power cuts. Happiness and the feeling of being happy could make us sleep all those years. My father always told me one thing - situations do not make us, we make them more important to ourselves. Learn to  think positive in adverse situations and they will just disappear. 

After many years, Bangalore is so hot, and every one tells me the same thing - 'OMG! We are sweating in Bangalore. It is a shocking thing.'This is really helping me to beat the heat of Bangalore. Science of Happiness is known to all of us but we tend to get confused. I could also feel the heat and actually the real summers. I feel relieved when I remember my father's words to me.

My tea is waiting for me. Watch the video and I wish every one stays happy!

Happy Night!