About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Is It So Hard To Ask For An Apology?

My husband and I were really unwell. We felt helpless as when his medication got over, mine started.  

Lol....I actually felt like crying!

My friend used to tease me, 'Do you own a factory of 'sorry'?'


Strange question, when a friend asks you, as you expect him or her to understand you. But I always said sorry to avoid confrontations. It might not have made things better but would have saved them from being worse. When you love friends, you do not feel bad in apologising. Anyways. I did it for many people in my life, and no regrets at all.

We were waiting at the hospital, when we were told that the senior doctor who was supposed to examine had left for the day. My husband was in so much pain and there was no reason for me not to ask - why we were not informed like other patients. To which I was told, they missed calling us. I thought to call the Senior Consultant and check what to do now?

The Senior Consultant answered my call. The first few words consoled me.

'My friend, I really apologise but my flight landed in the morning, and I could not make it to the hospital. I know you are in pain so my associate will treat you. He is as competent as me. All I can say to compensate your time is just a 'sorry''.

Trust me readers, I felt so much better and calm. I felt better not because of the apology but the way he answered my call, and empathised with our situation. Again, words play a very important role.

I am still not well to work or write much but somewhere thought to blog. Do not be bad at asking for an apology. If you can do mistakes as a human being, have the courage to ask for an apology. The one who forgives is always more stronger than the one who asks for an apology.

Remember, we are only accountable for our actions. God can forgive us for so many mistakes we make, why can't we......THINK.....

;)