About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Richard Carlson Helped Me!

I got Myra and Clara to my home. They are two months old love birds. Of course, they are not replacement of Luna who died almost a month back. There are no replacements for some relations in life. I always believed some people, many emotions and some relations can never be replaced (:. They live within us till we live no matter whether we ever see or talk to them again in our lives, they live within us!

I am writing a poem for FG and I am sharing the ending lines of my poem. I cried after writing this poem. It is yet to be edited but I thought to share few lines with my readers.


The burning soul asks me,
How was she different from a man?
Why could not they value her education,
Her awards and unconquerable achievements,
Why they wanted to buy her in the name of marriage,
Her broken red bangles and her wedding gown,
Tells the misery of her being set on fire,
In the name of dowry.

While sitting at the hospital in the afternoon and trying to understand my actions, I was reading the chapter - practice humility in the book written by Richard Carlson - Don't sweat the small stuff. In the chapter, the author really helped me by explaining that it is not necessary to prove yourself every time. At times, not proving yourself, and taking up the things in stride can give you a peaceful life.

A call in the morning was handled by me in a similar way. I took all the blame rather than proving myself like I always did in the last 9 years. I gave the person a leverage over me to enjoy that he or she is the winner, and I agree to lose for my peace. I always tried to prove myself and got hurt in return.

I might not be the winner or the loser but I am at peace now. My health needs a peaceful mind. Being away from FB, same social talks around me in my real life, same fights or arguments et al, I have got lost somewhere.

Sometimes, I wonder how do I live with so many physical pains. People call me optimistic or an example for others. I know deep within inside me, I am not a very positive person. It is just that I am living with pain as I have to die with the pain ;)

But some day, some time of the week, a day in a month or a moment in a year, you will feel - someone should at least ask me how do I manage? Do I also need to talk? Do I also have some problem?

But the fact is that day never comes. But I still have one thing that will drive me always - Hope!