About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Burning Soul Talks To Me....

I want my readers to click the below link and read one of my best poem till date. This poem is a dedication to every Indian woman who is sold in the name of marriage and is set on fire, if she could not  bring Dowry. The story that a woman could not tell but her burning soul talks to me.....latest write-up in FG.


Stop the act of dowry. In the name of lavish marriages, social customs and religious rituals, we are just promoting a different form of dowry. If two people want to spend heir lives together then they do not need a lavish marriage, irrestible buffet, exchange of gifts, social customs et al, they just need wishes of people and love for each other. I know how hard it was for my parents to fund my marriage. Though, I contributed my all savings but still I remember the worries of my father. I used to hide outside my parent's room to listen to their conversation as most of the things were not told to me. Maybe, my parents felt I might run away ....:) rather than getting married. But still we all managed but what about many other families who struggle to get their daughters married.

Think once before you get into all this as you never know God might make you a proud father of a daughter in future. Your wife or daughter-in-law is also someone's daughter.

Click to read and feel the pain of the burning soul.....