About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Justice For Nirbhaya!!

I was following almost all the news channels before I decided to blog.

Second day of Ganesha Celebration, and what can be better than decision around true justice for Nirbhaya. More than justice for her, it is a mandate action for the government and legal authorities to make a law in favour of protection of women in India.

Rape of 4 year old girl or Mumbai based 21 years old photojournalist, highlights the incapacity or incapability of our Indian Law to protect our women.

When I shared my last wish with my family, the only concern was the location to learn and master it. India was not given as an option to me. Honestly, I could feel the insecurity of my people. If I could do it, I might not take India as my location as it is really unsafe for me or any women.

A true justice for Nirbhaya will save many more rapes and crimes against women in India. It hurts to read an artcile with a cup of morning tea around gang rapes or acid attacks. We are living a life of fear. India got independence but women in India are still struggling to make their out of it.

Justice for Nirbhaya tomorrow will give light of hope to many more such victims and maybe a new road to protect women against such brutal crimes.

I decorated my home temple for the first day of Ganesha Celebrations. I wish and share it here on my blog for all the ones who are praying for Nirbhaya.........!!