About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, August 29, 2014

Updates - :)

Ok. It is quite sad to share that I will not be able to blog for few days. Indeed, I am typing with my right hand only. Tomorrow I am flying and the idea was thought to swim in the sea. An hour back..phew....I slipped and have injured my left elbow and arm. Got a small injury with a swollen arm under the crepe bandage. A big clot around my elbow. It is almost numb now. I am not suppose to strain it for few days. Still the trip is on. God knows if I can swim now as it is paining like ...no words. I am sharing all updates here. I will try to blog but not sure!

I got third place in Caribbean Kigo Kukai #53 Contest. I am happy to share this....

http://wwwcaribbeankigokukai.blogspot.in/2014/08/ckk-53-results.html?m=1

My one-line haiku is shortlisted and now a part of Under the Basho at the below link ...

 http://underthebasho.com/current-issue/one-line-haiku/1363-archana-kapoor-nagpal.html

Brass Bell : on line haiku journal has shortlisted my haiku. I will share in September as the issue is up!.

Few lines for my women readers

"Few lines that I wrote keeping my women readers in mind. I was bored of my curls. Just got them cut a bit for a new look (actually a younger look, lol). I read in a book "women who accept their weight, grey hair (fortunately do not have), hair volume and hormonal ups and downs are always successful, and rule the world.". At 35 , I want to follow it. Slowly accept but not to forget - I can still bike 40 kms, swim 2500 m daily and pull heavy weights. It is good to accept the changes with age and phases of life. It shows a sign of positivity. If I fit into 28 denims at 35 , I shall not strive for 26 but enjoy the 28. Like Julia Roberts said in a scene from Eat Pray and Love - " I will enjoy my slice of pizza and get a bigger denim the next day". Life is far more to offer than weight, age and inhibitions. Enjoy it, Love it and Embrace it. Be proud of being a woman and accept it that we should age gracefully "

:)