About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, March 18, 2016

Forum For Breast Cancer!

This is International Women Month. Most of the times women do not want to talk about their organs openly. They hide and hesitate to go to doctors. Breast related problems are very common. I got fibrocystic breasts at the age of 29. Every year I got my scan done until last year when two lumps were detected. I was told to be careful. I moved to the homeopathy stream of medicine. It was a happy day - when my all scans came to be normal.

But life has its own twists and turns as recently I faced pains and got my checkup done. My left hand could not lift itself, and it was absolutely numb. I was diagnosed with 'fibroadenoma'. Yet to go through my high level tests and bioposies. It scares me at times. I see my best friend fighting breast cancer but I believe face whatever comes in life. Do not be an escapist. I convince myself - I am ready for the best, and the worst in life. I could not sleep for the last three days due to pain. It gets harder for me to swim as I am not able to lift my left arm due to numbness but I never stopped any activity. Live life Queen Size! I am experiencing pain but there is no medication until my scans are done. So why to give up before time - in life. You live only once.

There is a forum that I follow and participate. Of course, my name is changed in this forum as I do not want people to read me, openly. But this forum might be helpful to you as a woman. It might answer your queries. But a quick request - do not conclude anything by these discussions. They are just additional information to guide you, not to drive you!