About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Is ARCHANA back?

My real life incident as a story is published on a website. Here are the links. Follow as –

or
http://www.talesofkindness.com/2011/03/whose-battle-his-or-mine/

I feel to cry. Definitely, out of happiness not sorrow. I am so thankful to arthritis, it changed me into something that I never thought of. It is strange, I had quit my job on 11th March 2008 and since that day somewhere my life was moving but something was missing. Working for so many years and then all of a sudden you confine to a place, you definitely miss a spark.

But I had no choice as my medical condition was not very great. I might look great in my pics but those who know me and have seen me on bad days will definitely relate to this post. I started this blog since November 2010 and it is the best thing that happened to me.
But after 3 years and 3 days that is today...I am so happy as my real life incident story is published on one of the inspirational websites. Though I also write for ‘HealthCentral.com/osteoarthritis’ that is a website that needs input from people suffering from osteoarthritis but that is just for people like me – our lifestyles, our questions etc.
I feel I am not junk. Though still the best job is a homemaker one...as my father says “a home for a woman is a castle big or small does not matter, whether you are paid or not does not matter, you are the queen of the castle and that should matter...:)...Thanks Paa...Thanks Amit!
Thanks all my readers/friends... most important my daughter – sanjana..Thanks to my editor as well.
But one thing that I always felt is ‘Archana’ was being lost somewhere. Some started calling me ‘Kapoor’s daughter’ and others ‘Mrs Nagpal’. Both the titles are my pride and prestige but still my identity is Archana. I have struggled and fought depression, pain, anger and frustration all these months to reach here. Where this story inspires many who will read, it will leave me with an inspiration and smile – Archana is finally BACK!!!
To all those arthritis patients....dont stop living. We have to make a difference to prove we are not junk or wasted. We are born lucky and blessed. WE WILL MOVE ON WITH PAIN BUT WITH COURAGE!
Love yourself!
Cheerio!