About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I am REALLY BUSY!!!???

Life has been so busy that I have not realised that April is about to end. For me the whole day is like one pool to another pool.  After 8 days I have got some time for myself and my blog.

I live on two things – swimming pools and changing rooms. This is the most challenging phase of my life. From MBA to 7 years of corporate world, I have no idea that I would be doing all thisJ
But I am honest. I am enjoying being this more than anything else.
I have lost 2kgs since last week and I realised these days that I have been eating my lunch in the changing room J
One session to another and then you feel starved. Before I leave I pick my so called fruit salad and sandwich and while changing munch itJ
No lavish Thalis or meals that we used to find in cafeterias. By the time I reach to gym for my workout, I am already exhausted but the drive to be fit helps me. As such also people with medical problems follow one simple rule of thumb - ‘beggars are not choosers’. So no reason to miss – ‘workouts’.
Somewhere I realised that whatever happens in life has a reason behind it!
I had quit my job in 2008 followed by so many tough months of pain, anger and depression. I finally gave up in June 2010 that life has come to an end. But someone maybe somewhere was praying for me.  Though many are there to curse me as well but as we say prayers are more powerful than curses...so I get saved every timeJ
My life started changing although slowly. I started with 2 trainees and now I have 5 of them. More than that I have kept 2 trainees on hold. As my friend says you are in demand. I am happy though what I earn is less than my corporate jobs but I feel the sense of achievement. Whatever I earn, it goes to my daughter’s NGO!
I am happy as I am able to take the responsibility of a sponsored child forward with my own skills. For some 20K for a year might be nothing but for me it was a big question until I started saving for her. I feel self sufficient today!
Now why I shared all this – Just to tell if today you do not see things happening the way they should, there is some reason to that. You cannot see future what all it restores. I will not say accept life as it comes and do not do efforts but if your efforts are failing then do not feel disappointed, take life as it comes and change the way you perform....that really helps!
I changed my mind and thought process post diagnosis to deal with myself! 
I changed my ways of performing things in life. Results started coming very late but I am happy to see the results. So be persistent and focussed in life. Things will starting falling at the right place :)
Cheerio:)