About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting or Giving?

I always tell my loved ones that I am born to give. For me life has been around giving only. From parents to in-laws, from real to virtual, from love to commitment, I have been always made to give. 
 
There are times when you sit and think ‘what did I got from life or from those for whom I did so much’?
 The answer is ‘Silence’.

 I have deliberately walked out of many lives so that they can be happy. I ruined my happiness and joy to make them happy. Sometimes people knew but many times they are not even aware. They will remember me with hatred. And that is what I wanted to do so that they stay happy.

Why I did that?

I read somewhere –
Giving is difficult than getting. It is fun that you left someone with peace and happiness as it add score to your score card. Someone has to give for others to get!
Honestly, sometimes you do not want to give but grab but then the above line makes me do it. I agree, I am left alone somewhere or maybe this what I deserved but still I am happy for many othersJ. I am thankful to God whatever he made me do as if someone will give then only others will get.

I read these few lines written by John Kendrick Bangs and they touched me so much that I include them as a part of this postJ

I’ve squandered smiles to-day,
And, strange to say,
Altho' my frowns with care I've stowed away,
To-night I'm poorer far in frowns than at the start;
While in my heart,
Wherein my treasures best I store,
I find my smiles increased by several score

I am unwell and really need to sleep nowJ

Buona NotteJ