About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, February 16, 2012

16th Feb.....hmmm

16th Feb.....hmmm
Our mind has one thing common with computers...RAM and ROM....we remember dates better than Google reminders...and why I remember 16th feb as today it is 16th feb...lol

Anyways, this post is not about significance of 16th February in my life that is just a date, I mean today it is 16th Feb and I could not think of a title so picked up the date...lol

So this is the month of love and for many of you ‘love is always in the air’. It is different that the pollens in the air around me have made me breathless for last 2 days. And the same pollens have made my husband my most adorable chef.

BTW, I never knew that he can cook so well. But yes pollens have made him take a leave and pamper me as I am just not able to get up and cook. So in a way pollens in the air are like love is in the airJ

Ok, let me share something very funny.

A friend of mine calls me every Valentine and tells that he wants to date me. For last six years he has been doing that and the best part is that he got married in these 6 years and have a kid ....oh not to miss...the second one is on the way.  But his consistency to call and ask has not changed. I am more consistent in my response with a big ‘NO’ and as I always tell him –

‘I don’t date husbands and fathers’J

He reminds me of being his first crush and he is so fond of it that he chose his wedding date as 14th Nov as I got married on that date. I always laugh it off as for me friend is a friend, lover is a lover and husband is a husband.

I share this small funny reality of my life as most of the time people are confused around relationships. This is the month of love. A love for friend, love for mother, love for husband are all different forms of the word ‘love’. Though, love is a common word in all the usages as you read above but the expression changes.

If you love your friend then you just love him but you can never love him like your life partner if you do not perceive him like one. I am very liberal in life and I do not think when I tell my friend – ‘I just love you’. But my expression tells that I love you just as a friend or a brother. If you are clear, there will be no confusions in life. Telling someone you love is easy but telling it the right way is difficult. So avoid confusions, tell your people you love them the way you love them.

Loving is not sin!

Tired...Got to go!

Happy Month of Love....:)