About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Shukriya Zindagi!

What am I reading these days?

I am reading a book - 'Finding Your Strength in Difficult Times' by David Viscott. Interesting and simple things that the author has shared in this book. Every chapter delivers a message. I may take couple of more weeks to complete this book. I am busy writing my book as well. It does not matter, if I get a publisher to publish it. What makes me happy at the moment is - I am engaged in my work. I am giving my 100% to this book. 

The idea is my readers should get a chance to read my book. Money/royalty does not matter to me, anymore!

Yes, I feel good when my readers who read my first book - '14 Pearls of Inspiration' shared their feedback. I never thought it would be so much appreciated and acknowledged. One common feedback was - 'You made me cry. It is a very emotional book. Every story touched my heart'. (my mother, husband, husband's friends, my friends, my neighbours and many others had the same feedback.)

I share lyrics of a very inspiring song - Shukriya Zindagi

Chan ke aayi toh kya chaandni toh mili
Chan ke aayi toh kya chaandni toh mili
Chand din hi sahi yeh kali to khili
Shukriya zindagi -
Teri meharbaaniyan, teri meharbaaniyan
Shukriya zindagi - 

Sirf ik rang se tasveer hoti kahin
Gham nahi toh khushi ki keemat nahi
Sirf ik rang se tasveer hoti kahin
Gham nahi toh khushi ki keemat nahi
Dhoop chaaon hain dono toh dilkash jahaan
Kya shikaayat karein, fursat kahaan
Shukriya zindagi -
Teri mehrbaaniyan, teri mehrbaaniyan
Shukriya zindagi - 

Apni taqdeer ki hai yeh daastaan
Kabhi qatilaana, kabhi meharbaan
Apni taqdeer ki hai yeh daastaan
Kabhi qatilaana, kabhi meharbaan
Meharbaani jo dil ko karaar aa gaya
Apne qaatil pe bhi pyaar aa gaya
Shukriya zindagi - 
Teri mehrbaaniyan, teri mehrbaaniyan
Shukriya zindagi -