About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, October 18, 2013

My Last Wish......

My last wish is to snorkel with beluga whales in the Churchill River, Hudson Bay, Canada. I want to go for scuba diving and feel the whales around me. This is one of the best locations to snorkel and dive deep in the sea, and feel a different world. A world of coral reefs and fishes. 

9 years ago when I started swimming, my instructor disliked me for being hydrophobic. He asked me to quit the program and the club. I cried whole night as I used to get asthma attacks after my sessions. I used to spend nights gasping to breathe. No medicine worked for me. I tried explaining to him but I always failed. And then one fine day, I walked up to him with a note written in Italian. He smiled. After a while, he took me to the lawn and asked me to breathe. I was puzzled. He asked me to breathe again. He showed me the way to the changing room and asked me to join the group for the session. I was walking along the pool when he held my hand and pushed me in the deeper side of the pool. I could not see anything. I felt I will drown. It was 18 feet deep. All I could hear was - do or die. My hands and feet started working and my breathe was going up/ down......and after that day, I never looked back. I won two medals for the club...just inter-club competitions. When I got out of my wet suit to a two piece swimsuit.....i do not remember. I could feel I started taking it as a sport. From 1800 m to 2500 m daily, swimming became my passion and my life.

When I visited Thailand and my first snorkelling experience was successful, I felt to do something I always wanted to do.....deep sea diving......

My family is scared...they are not sea lovers....but I want to do it. I want to dive 82 feet deep in the sea before I die in this lifetime. If my medical condition could support, I will go for scuba diving open water ( license to dive) this year. One life .....one dream and only my last wish...Amen........

Maybe some day, when any arthritis patient will read about my experience, he or she might feel to make their dreams come true.......<3.....

..........I guess my wish list ends here..................