About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

16 Years ..Not Bad!!

Ok – to start, I am almost lost. Too much of pressure of too many things around me!  

I made a nice dinner of my choice (low in calorie) - pita bread spinach, tacos in salad dressing with sprouts et al, and my tomapple soup. I feel so special.



So I am keeping it quite low profile these days – just jumping or indeed hopping from a task to another.  Studies, assignments, workouts, home commitments, bills, dance classes, amitie art series, and writing submissions…am I forgetting something…???

I just checked the date and it’s 17th May – ‘the pain anniversary’. In 2000, on the same day, I was diagnosed with runner’s knee, and trust me pain never looked back. 16 years have passed – still it seems as if it just started. With will power, mental strength, love for the pain, and what else helped me to survive, and not give up!

People say pregnancy is difficult. IS IT?? 9 months, a C-section and it’s over.

I challenge swap it with my 16 years. I challenge live 16*365 days with pain, can you? It’s not easy, definitely not. But I am living with it – challenging my pain with different activities – gym, belly dancing, swimming, and what not? At times, I wear make up to hide the pain. I wear a fake smile to tell the pain – ‘hey baby, I am too strong to be broken’.  And, I AM PROUD OF IT!!

It is my battle and I will fight.  A battle against my own self!

The only idea is NOT TO GIVE UP IN LIFE. I have met people who left me hurt, judged me, cursed me, and called me names – in all these 16 years. I was not looking for sympathy but was also not looking for all this either. But they made me strong; they made me very strong. I just love them for being so rude to me.

I am breathless…lol

The Atoms of Haiku Volume 2 is about to start, and I am one of the editors for this volume as well. I am just trying to accommodate this project with my current projects, and other commitments. Soon I will be sharing the call for submissions with my readers. Anybody who is interested can submit their haiku for this anthology.

Never Ever Give Up!

Love
Archana