About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, March 14, 2011

Try My Technique - Plant A Thought

Today, I thought I would pamper myself. What a better option than a good aroma massageJ

As I lift heavy weights so I can really feel a difference after a pampered session. I feel so fresh and rejuvenated. I feel connected to my inner self and I like the temporary glow. If you are tired and you feel fatigue then you must take a massage this weekend. Spend some time with yourself and for yourself other than same old gold routine. We all know it is no more goldJ.

But we have to be in routine to make things happen in life.
I have beenso many times told to meditate to feel connected to my soul. I will not deny, I would love to, indeed I downloaded nature music as well. I tried to sit at a corner in linen attire and oncentrate. The nature music and chanting mantras definitely creates a good environment. I make sure to switch off my cell and just concentrate on my breathing pattern. You can try this also to rejuvenate yourself. Faster, cheaper and easier way to feel rejuvenated. If you are
mentally relaxed you feel physically better and fresh.


BUT the best part is I cannot do this as the moment I concentrate I think of all the nasty thoughts...what about shopping this weekend, I need a aqua nail paint or may be a yellow slippers (quite in fashion these days), wow..shahid kapur as a fighter pilot flying F-16 in his next movie ‘Mausam’ or lets go for a haircut J. Trust me within two minutes my mind is torn between all such wonderful thoughts and I get up and think ‘leave it..I feel bored’.
I follow a different pattern to meditate. For me meditation is to be with you and yoursurroundings. I cannot understand the concept of cutting yourself from the surrounding and connecting to your inner soul as after that concentration you have to come back to the same surroundingJ.
I prefer to connect my inner soul to the surrounding by being closer to nature. I started following this ‘Plant A Thought’ technique to meditate almost three months back post my foot surgery. The days I want to feel at peace and just be myself...I drive to a park or a garden (mostly KBR....it is my favourite) and walk. I love to tuck my pedometer and my ipod caters to my need of listening to mantras or Buddhist chants. Generally, I go either early mornings or around sunset. The view of rising sun is a great experience to rejuvenate your mind and soul. Sun gives us energy and strength to feel stronger and be a warm person. Now what is ‘Plant A Thought’ technique?
To be at peace and connected to your inner self you need to purify your thoughts and mind. It means to get rid of miserable and bad thoughts. Thoughts of people who have troubled you or hurt you in life, thoughts around your bad days at office or with your manager, thoughts around your never improving bad health.
The best way is whatever you feel on a specific day write it on a piece of paper. Dig the ground and put the paper alongwith a seedling of any plant. Make sure you cover it and water it. Now you can find water facility at KBR or any gardenJ.
The best thing is you feel very much better as you will get rid of the thought by doing something good to the nature and surrounding. And yes you have not disconnected yourself from the surrounding. Indeed, you helped in making it better. That is the basic idea for me to meditate.
You will not remember where you sow the plant with a thought and with time rather than a bad thought grows, a green plant will grow that will add to the tagline ‘GO GREEN..’
So if you are like me and cannot meditate sitting at a corner than you have an option ‘Plant A Thought’.

It needs time from your daily routine but then as always say nothing more important than yourself....Keep loving yourselfJ
Cheerio!