About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Reading Two Books: Thanks to Ankle Tendonitis!


I am reading two books together. Sounds crazy!

My ankle pain is back. I suffer from ankle tendonitis that comes and goes. But in these two days my ankle has been so painful that I feel to walk with my hands and put my ankles on my headJ

I am not able to conduct sessions as swimming is more around fluttering your ankles and feet. My nerves get contracted due to ankle tendonitis and the only relief is hot/cold water fermentation. Not to forget some special but really boring ankle rehab exercises are equally helpful!

So no work for last two days and I decided to start reading some of the pending books in my library. I am reading following two books.

EAT PRAY LOVE – If you have watched the movie then also reading this book is a completely different experience. Watching an autobiography for 3 hours and reading the same stuff in 350 pages is not the same experience. I loved the movie but I am enjoying reading it more than watching it. Written by Elizabeth Gilbert and this is her autobiography, her journey to find her inner self. A woman’s search for everything across Italy, India and Indonesia. I could connect to this so well for so many reasons. The best part is that if you have been to all these three countries it will be much easier to follow the book. I am glad I am one of themJ

YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE – Written by one of my favourite author Louis L. Hay is more of a self help book and it is not boring. She has illustrated wonderful exercises and self-healing theories that offers profound insights into the relationship between mind and soul. She has written about what I firmly believe that we can heal ourselves through mental work and strength. Remember all the pains in your body come when you are wounded internally or your soul is wounded. Incidents in life that left you wounded and you thought you are fine but somewhere in the mind (your  sub cautious mind) those incidents are still troubling you that add to your body as pains etc. It is a book you will enjoy to read and experiment in your real life.

Buone Notte...!
God help my ankles...please!
CheerioJ