About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, April 1, 2016

March Newsletter Dedicated To My Dad!

March Newsletter is here for my readers. But before you read this newsletter, my all contest winning haiku are dedicated to my father as he really helped me being what I am today. I am proud of his teachings. If my mother is my strength then my father is my foundation of intelligence and courage. 

Once I was told by a friend (maybe out of anger) if he had a daughter like me - he would have slapped her. At that time I really cried (as I was so hurt by the words used for me/ expressed for me, or maybe it was out of so much of love for a friend that the words were really hard to digest...lol...it happens in life....but we all move on.) - but today when I see myself being appreciated for my work, my spirit, my writings, my courage - I really owe it to my parents. Recently, another friend told that he wants his daughter to be as multi talented as I am. For a second, I was touched, and almost cried. So all my four winning haiku of March 2016 is dedicated to the best father in the universe - my dad! I also dedicate this beautiful song to him (apologies it is in my mother tongue - Hindi)