About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, January 11, 2016

1325 Ways...To Happiness

As I am working on the second post for my second blog - I have finished the first book of 2016. Let it snow...three romantic plots.

I just got a new book that will go on for 1325 days with my other books. It is a book that gives me a lesson a day to live happily. 1325 Buddhist Ways to be Happy by Barbara Ann Kipfer. It is strange that books have been written to keep one happy though we all are gifted with a beautiful smile. The ups and downs of life change us; it diverts the focus from acceptance to expectation - and we forget that we are born with a gift of happiness.

'Life gives a life; find a reason for it. Not a reason to be happy. It is everyone's birth right to be happy and you don't need a reason for it, RIGHT??

We are addicted to laptops, smart phones, chatrooms, and many other unwanted addictions. Shut it down, switch it off, logout, and just breathe. See yourself in the mirror. Look at your lips and those sparkling eyes that are only switching between the apps. Hold your own hand and feel the creation of God. Pick 1325 days to read a lesson if you are still unsure of yourself or if you are unhappy...

I picked this book for my blog as I promised myself - I will be happy no matter how much pain comes in life. Trust me - fighting pain is the toughest battle as you are dealing with yourself. You cannot be too hard to yourself, but I have learnt .....to deal with myself. I am damn happy about it.

I lost beautiful people in my life that left me hurt. Indeed, very hurt. But I liked or loved my choices as each one of them gives me a reason to live and be happy. Each one of them gives me a hope to look forward in life. They left me hurt but they taught me to be on my own; to crack a smile with tears in eyes. They made me strong to stand and fight alone with my problems. This is the biggest happiness I am given by God.

Funerals are not for the dead; they are for the living. 

Smile so much that you are remembered without an eulogy. We all want to be remembered. But very few live in hearts of many ever after.

Give yourself a SMILE. Kickstart your week with a thought - I will be ALWAYS HAPPY!

Hugs n Love
Archana